Thursday, January 24, 2013

When There's No Baby Sling

 
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
- Love You Forever, Robert Munsch
 
   When there's no baby sling, what do you do. I was out watching the older two on their bikes and had my Wee Lass with me. It was still warm when we headed out, so I didn't have a coat or blanket for her. The sling or carrier typically acts as its own warmth device, but alas, I had none. So I unzipped my jacket, dropped her in, and zipped back up. She was snug as a bug in a rug. She continued to watch the world around her from the comfort of daddy's sweater jacket. In return, she kept me warm to.
   It was precious, and every so often she'd look up at me and grin. I'm sure some of you out there feel the same way when I say it feels like her smile could bring peace to the world. It brightens my darkest days, turns my frowns upside down, and makes me feel better no matter what. I found myself saying "I'll love you for always." I then remembered Robert Munsch's book Love You Forever that we all know.
   It's a small moment in our busy lives, but thought I'd share. There are little things we do that end up being big memories. I won't remember my days at work, as much as I'll remember the day I zipped my Wee Lass into my jacket and wandered around the neighborhood.
 
J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment